Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Maybe the sleepiness is why I can't stop giggling!

I keep planning blog posts about this crazy sense of unearned good luck that seems to be following me around (not complaining, universe!) and how theatre has shifted my understanding of concepts like "normal," especially "day off." Neither of those posts has written itself, clearly.

Instead, I've thrown myself head first into two shows. Start work at 10am, finish around 11:30pm, grab an hour for dinner in there somewhere. Not a bad thing, not by any means. Da had its first proper audience tonight, and man I'm proud of this show. I do pretty much nothing other than smile pretty at the actors and occasionally lend a hand, but it's a damn good show and the audience tonight agreed. Today also happened to be first rehearsal for Triumph, a show that (if the world continues to turn in my favour) will be one gigantic quick change. Aaand of course fittings for Triumph will be starting soon, which means me hanging about in the shop for even longer.

I'm not complaining, by any means. I know these hours won't last forever, and I'm gonna squeeze every waking moment of awesome out of my life.

Speaking of awesome, a story
I've just had an idea that tickeled me so much that I giggle every time I think about it.

The background: Triumph is an exceedingly whimsical show, and the costume shop gals have collectively decided to have dress up themes for the next 3 weeks while we work to get the show up. We wrote down ideas, folded them up, stuck them in a cup, and plan to draw one each day. Today's theme was Glitter (and sparkles and sequins and the like). A pretty straightforward theme. I'm generally glitter-less, so I borrowed a heavily sequined teal tank from my roommate, and paired it with a black hoodie, teal sparkly earrings, dark jeans, and grey clogs.

The theme for Wednesday (tomorrow) is Song Titles. At a loss for ideas, I thumbed through my iTunes library until struck by inspiration.

I'll be wearing a heavily sequined teal tank from my roommate, and pairing it with a black hoodie, teal sparkly earrings, dark jeans, and grey clogs.

My song? "Yesterday" by The Beatles.

No comments: